Change
  1. BOTM Winner
    Congratulations grayej! You are the winner of November's BOTM competition!

Please visit the BOTM section to see more entries, or to enter this month.

Click here to enter!

Dunlop Street Smart

Discussion in 'Tyres reviews' started by Bezauk, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Bezauk

Bezauk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    yamaha yzf r125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Hi guys, I've only had this tyres on for like a week and I'm still scrubbing them in, but o my god there great... I had the standard michalin pilot sportys on, before these and the difference is amazing, I'm no longer fearful of entering corners at all, and the tread is amazing. I feel so confident on these tyres. In my opinion there great. I'll let you know more, once there scrubbed in, but I very happy upto yet so glad I got rid of the crappy michalins

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

StreetSmart delivers a modern tyre in a classic casing
    Dunlop has renewed and completed its current offering in the Touring segment for motorcycles with the launch of the new StreetSmart. The new tyres have been specifically designed to meet the fitment needs of classic bikes, targeting a market that is growing year-on-year.
    Recent research has shown that classic bikes are making big waves in Europe. In Germany alone, figures have revealed that the average age of bikes on the road has moved from 12 to 14 in a mere four years. The demand is driven by an increasing number of riders in their 40’s and 50’s who are taking to two wheels primarily for hobby purposes1. The data is supported by sales figures from which show that classic bikes claim over half of all sales in key European markets today2. As demand is fueled, the need for tyres that deliver up-to-date technological capabilities on the road is high.
    “The market figures tell us that a majority of riders out there are StreetSmart riders”, says Sharon Antonaros, Director Dunlop Motorcycle Business Unit EMEA. “As we observe a large segment of the European population reach their 50’s, we are seeing an increasing demand for classic bikes. This group then is, in part, fueling a demand for state-of-the-art products to support a hobby, and StreetSmart plays on this demand.”
    New technology for the classics
    Built as an upgrade of the Arrowmax GT501 Touring Bias tyre, the StreetSmart also replaces the Arrowmax D103. The new tyre combines a successful design with an additional value: the latest technologies in casing materials and compounding. These deliver highly improved handling, combined with a superior comfort not often found in this segment. The tyre consists of a new generation of silica tread compound for improved grip in cold and wet conditions.
    “We wanted to deliver tyres for classic bikes with all the benefits of newly developed ones. The result is that Dunlop’s StreetSmart is now on the market to meet the demand for classic, yet highly performing tyres”, says Sharon Antonaros, Director Dunlop Motorcycle Business Unit EMEA.
    Technological advancements: Less weight, more mileage
    Technologically, StreetSmart delivers a new profile and construction to its riders. A reduced overall tyre weight of up to 25%, as compared to its predecessor, helps to improve handling and comfort. Larger tread grooves ensure an enhanced wet grip also. To help go the extra mile, the StreetSmart rear tyre has been constructed to offer an increased tread depth, while both the front and rear feature a cosecant curve profile design for reduced wear. Completing the picture is the front tyre, which features continuous center grooves, enabling improved wet grip and steering.
    StreetSmart not only includes some of the latest technologies but it was also designed by the latest computer generated modeling tools. This new technology enabled its developers to get the shape of the inflated tyre so close to the shape of the non-inflated tyre so much that it has siginficantly reduced the overall carcass stress. StreetSmart has been designed to deliver a comprehensive pressure distribution contact patch, thereby reducing uneven forces by as much as 16% compared to its predecessor.
    “In short, we have built a tyre that delivers some of the latest innovations, encased in a classic design to suit the specific needs of a majority of Europe’s riders”, Antonaros concludes.
    Omar likes this.
  2. R125Forum.com Advertisement

3. MattieHolroyd

MattieHolroyd Super Member

Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha R125 2010, Yamaha XS250(on going project)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    What are they like oncr scrubbed in?
  4. mo_mo_Rotherham

mo_mo_Rotherham Super Member

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    I tried texting beza few months ago never heard out back.......

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
  5. MattieHolroyd

Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Alright cheers, im going to get this tyres in a few months, when the R is off the road
  6. mo_mo_Rotherham

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Any particular reason?

7. MattieHolroyd

Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    What for choice in tyres or when the bike is off the road?
  8. mo_mo_Rotherham

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Choice in rubber

9. MattieHolroyd

Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    They just seem appealing to me. From what ive read they are good tyres, plus they look more of a sporty tyre